[RASMB] Protocols Question

Walter Stafford stafford at bbri.org
Wed Sep 1 10:47:47 PDT 2010

Hi AUCers,

     I have used neoprene gaskets since the early 1970's and have never
had a leak attributable to the gaskets. I bought a 1 yrd x 1 yrd
(smallest I could purchase) sheet of neoprene (0.0165 inches/ 0.420 mm
thick) and it has worked very well all these years. The neoprene is soft
and flexible enough that it fills the scratches that inevitably appear
around the filling holes - but it is tough enough that it doesn't tear
or end up going down the holes (silicone rubber does).

I punch the gaskets as I need them with a Sears leather/belt punch.

Walter

--
Walter F. Stafford, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist