[RASMB] pressureind. dissociat.

Ariel Lustig ariel.lustig at bluewin.ch
Wed Jul 28 13:05:08 PDT 2010

Dear rasmb colleagues,
I'm opening H.K. Schachman's >>ultracentrifugation  in  Biochemestry (A P) 1959 at page 174
"11 The effect of   pressure on   sedimentation" Schachman citated:
"As  Svedbergand  Pedersen (1940) pointed  out. the high  pressure can alter the density
and  viscosity of the  solvent as well as the v-bar of the solute. The former effects cauase the  macromolecules to sediment more  slowly as the pressure is increased.........
G.Kegeles dealt   with this  phenomena in his  works.
Some measurements I made myself where outentic results are  given
>Approaches to determining membrane protein structures to high
resolution: do selections of subpopulations occur?<
  1.. "Micron" 32 (2001) 75-90
J.P. Rosenbusch*, A. Lustig, M. Grabo1, M. Zulauf?, M. Regenass2
Biozentrum, University of Basel, Klingelbergstr. 70, CH-4056 Basel, Switzerland
Dedicated to Eduard Kellenberger on the occasion of his 80th birthday.

With  friendly  regards....ariel  ariel.lustig at bluewin.ch