[RASMB] Empty voids

Tom Laue Tom.Laue at unh.edu
Thu Jun 3 12:25:05 PDT 2010

Hi-
There was some work done on this by, I believe, Don Caspar-
Caspar, D. L. D. and Badger, J. (1991) "Plasticity of Crystalline
Proteins." Curr. Opin. Struct. Biol. I, 877-882
Yu, B., Blaber, M., Gronenborn, A. M., Clore, G. M. and Caspar, D. L. D.
(1999) "Disordered Water Within a Hydrophobic Protein Cavity Visualized
by X-ray Crystallography." Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 96, 103-108.
Adamek, D.H., Guerrero, L., Blaber, M., and Caspar, D. L. D. (2005)
"Structural and energetic consequences of mutations in a solvated
hydrophobic cavity." J. Mol. Biol., 346, 307-318.
Best to all-
Tom