[RASMB] UV lamp for XL-I

Tom Laue Tom.Laue at unh.edu
Tue Mar 30 05:34:02 PDT 2010

Hi-
The Hamamatsu lamp is _not_ obsolete, but it is costly and has a long
delivery time. You will not save much money and could gain a lot of
aggravation buying your own.
You have to be careful about matching the lamp, socket and power supply
in order to get a flash that has the correct times (delay, jitter,
intensity, rise and decay). Once upon a time Beckman had a "hand-select"
process for these (and for their PMTs which are also Hamamatsu).
Best wishes,
Tom

Leech, AP wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> It is definitely worth checking what type of lamp you have, because
> Beckman have used different types at different times and the lamp
> holder assemblies aren't compatible (I understand our XL/I uses a
> physically smaller lamp than earlier or later models!)
>
> Andrew
>
> Karel Planken wrote:
>> Dear Colleagues,
>>
>> The info on the Xenon-flash lamp (bulb) for the XL-A can be found on
>> http://sales.hamamatsu.com/index.php?id=13185942# There also product
>> specifications can be found contained in the pdf
>> http://sales.hamamatsu.com/assets/pdf/catsandguides/Xe-F_TLSX1048E02.pdf
>> In the pdf look for 1.5 mm Arc size listed in the 26 mm Dia. Type. For
>> prices I would send Hamamatsu an e-mail, but one needs some patience...
>>
>> Regards, Karel.
>>
>> P.S.: Steve, the specific type of bulb is usually indicated on a sticker
>> on the lower part of the bulb, replacing only the bulb requires some
>> time consuming lamp alignment.

>>> steve