[RASMB] Detergent C8E4,5

Ariel Lustig ariel.lustig at bluewin.ch
Sun Mar 28 13:02:06 PDT 2010

Dear  colleagues, Chad B, Tom L,
I like to  point  out a paper  eppeared in  "Micron" 32 ( 2001)  75 -90 by  J P Rosenbusch et  al. where   Porin  was
determined  in  C8E4,5 there density  is  closer  to the   buffer  used for  density  matching then  C8E5.Farther,
since  Detergent  are pressure  dependent  it is  not  recommanded to rise  the rotor speed  to high  speeds....
Later (not  from the  date) BBA 1464 (2000) 199  206  Ariel  Lustig  et  al., we  claim that  filling hight of both sectors
should be identical so that  the  detergent that  underlay has similar distribution of  density, shorter filling hights, let
say  2mm have  also such an effect      ..yours...ariel
ariel.lustig at bluewin.ch