[RASMB] Xl-I wavelength check question

Leech, AP apl3 at york.ac.uk
Thu Feb 18 07:43:48 PST 2010

Hi everybody,

Some systems, like our XL/I, have an extra window in the monochromator
mounting socket, which helps save on lamp cleaning as it keeps the oil
from "cracking" on the lamp surface. Our lamp intensity is quite low
(~10000), whether this is affected by the extra window I don't know,
but it doesn't go down much with use.

It is worth checking this window from time to time - if your AUC has one
you should have a special tool for extracting it (like a screwdriver
with a round magnetic end).

Best to all,

Andrew