[RASMB] Oligomerization of small peptides (20-30 aa)...

Peter Edward Prevelige Jr prevelig at uab.edu
Wed Feb 10 06:50:50 PST 2010

Our best uses to date have been on relatively large protein oligomers
and include:

Determination of subunit stoichiometry in large complexes ( measured
mass of complex within 200-300 da of calculated mass for a 360 KDa
dodecamer is very reassuring)

Detection of mixtures of oligomers - 12mer "contaminated" with 10%11mer

Determination of off rates for very stable complexes (sub nanomolar)
via isotopic mixing

Determination of ligand binding stoichiometry/cooperativity/
association constant via titration and mass measurements

Peter Prevelige

Sent from my iPhone