[RASMB] density matching ASB-14

Timothy Dafforn t.r.dafforn at bham.ac.uk
Tue Jan 26 08:34:07 PST 2010

Whoops forgot to also mention..
We have also done a fair amount of AUC SV of membrane proteins in detergent..
Most of the time this is just to check the samples contain single species (for the Xtalographers!)
However they always ask if I can give them an approximate mass to ensure that, for example, if they expect a dimer it is in fact a dimer..
I have to say I am always cagey, but just how inaccurate are the masses likely to be?
+/- 100%? Or +/- 10%...
Tim