[RASMB] AUC Analysis for a protein without tryptophan

Ewa Folta-Stogniew ef55 at email.med.yale.edu
Thu Nov 26 09:14:33 PST 2009

If I were to address a problem like this- I would surely start with
dynamic light scattering rather than using AUC for screening
buffers...  especially if you can find the plate reader format DLS
instrument (unless your protein is really small , i.e. below 10 kDa
and you cannot get above 0.1 mg/ml,  though you should still be able
to eliminate the "aggregate forming" buffer conditions by this
approach).  No absorbance, buffer absorbance etc complication there-
simple experiment to screen for formation of aggregates.

I would rather use AUC as a secondary screening tool especially given
the lack of a robust spectroscopic signal.

Ewa