[RASMB] N/A

Titus M. Franzmann tmfr at umich.edu
Thu Nov 5 13:52:51 PST 2009

HI,

Regarding other computers:

I tested 5 different computers, with three different Windows Versions and
two different Beckman auc-software versions.

(Win311, win95b and win98).

All of them worked fine with Absorbance, but none of the combinations
actually worked with the Interference.

We ended up getting an old IBM from someone. Was the only one that worked. I
saw some of the PCs on eBay.

I had the suspicion that the Beckman software is somehow expecting at some
point an IBM fingerprint on the com port when recording interference runs.
Something on the IBM Mainboard is different, either faster or slower, or
just IBM.

The error: resetting com port.

See mail: http://rasmb.bbri.org/pipermail/rasmb/2008/001568.html

Best