[RASMB] N/A

smcbryan smcbryan at lamar.colostate.edu
Thu Nov 5 08:19:51 PST 2009

Kachan,
We have been told by Beckman that in order to upgrade to a new computer
(our XL-I is circa 1996 and the IBM PC runs Windows 95) that we would need
a computer, camera and software upgrades that would cost nearly $15,000 US.
If you or others can find a way around this, please let me know.
steve

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 12:05:12 +0530, "Kanchan Gupta Phd Batch 2006 Cell Bio
R.P.Roy" <kanchi at nii.res.in> wrote:
> hi
>
> we were facing problems because of low memory of our old Pentium 3
> computer. Therefore, we ordered a new Dell (TM) Inspiron (TM) 545 desktop
> with windows xp 32 bit, 2.93GHz processor and 4 GB RAM. i wanted to know
> if the new computer can be used with the Beckman Optima XL-I analytical
> ultracentrifuge, class T instrument. It was installed in 2002-03 and the
> serial no. is W103A02. The operating software version available is
Beckman