[RASMB] observation boundaries for the fluorescence detector

Titus M. Franzmann tmfr at umich.edu
Mon Nov 2 10:54:14 PST 2009

Hi,

What are the optical sedimentation observation boundaries for the
fluorescence detector? I do not have access to the system currently. A
friend sent me his data. I have the impression that in this particular run
the entire signal is shifted toward smaller radii. My impression was always,
that the cell gets illuminated to about 7.1 cm before the bottom gets
visible due to the dye quenching. My suspicion is that the radial
calibration is off on this machine.

Thanks for your help

Best,

Titus