[RASMB] on GMP compliance

Natalia.Markova at inovacia.se Natalia.Markova at inovacia.se
Thu May 14 11:36:34 PDT 2009

Hello,

I would very much like to hear your opinions on how useful and
meaningful is to have AUC under GMP compliance. I have never worked in
a GMP compliant lab but I suspect that it could be a bit of an
overkill in the case of AUC. We mainly use the instrument as a tool to
validate SEC assays of our customers or to study the oligomerization
of the target proteins in diverse drug discovery projects.
A consultant (a former boss in a QC lab of a big pharma) is persuading
our management to have the whole set of biophysical instruments (ITC,
DSC, AUC, DLS) GMP compliant. According to him it will make us more
attractive to the customers such as CMO. It does not make much sense
to me, I am not even sure if this is feasible.  But may be I am not
updated on the matter. Your comments are very welcome.

Regards.
Natalia