[RASMB] densitymeter to computer

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Tue Apr 14 07:10:28 PDT 2009

> Dear colleagues,
> Does anybody have experiences in connecting a DMA 5000 densitymeter to a
> computer?
> It looks like our program version does not respond.
>
> Best regards
> Antje

Antje,

Sorry, can't help there, but UltraScan has a GUI for doing all these
calculations inside of UltraScan, but you have to enter the temperature
and frequencies into the GUI. I wrote this for the old DMA 60, chances
are the DMA 5000 reports numbers that will work in this GUI as well, but
I am not certain.

It looks like this model has several interfaces. If you hook it up over a
RS-232 connection, make sure the cable has the correct pin assignment, and
the serial port settings match. A USB connection seems to be available as
well, you may want to try a a different USB port or cable.

If you have the wrong software, you may be able to find the right version on
their website:

http://www.anton-paar.com/US/en/60/253#Downloads

-Borries