[RASMB] Intern Position Available

Hayes, David HayesD at MedImmune.com
Mon Apr 13 07:18:08 PDT 2009

Hi Dave,

Sorry, for intern positions MedImmune does not sponsor the paperwork to
anyone who does not already have working Visa status in the US.
Students at a US university can get the "curricular practical training"
exception.  It is unlikely then that anyone from Nottingham would
qualify.

MedImmune is one of the few companies that is hiring and it may be worth
looking at the MedImmune careers web site for regular non-intern jobs.
But the local company HGSI has recently laid off quite a few scientists,
so the competition for the open jobs has increased.

David Hayes

________________________________

From: Dj Scott [mailto:Dj.Scott at nottingham.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2009 1:57 PM
To: Hayes, David
Subject: RE: [RASMB] Intern Position Available

Hello David,

We have 49 masters students on our Applied Biomolecular Technology MSc
here in Nottingham who we are trying to place in industry. It is not
unknown for us to place overseas (we have done Canada, Malaysia, the
rest of the EU and Vietnam before). They have done some AUC theory, but
can train appropriate candidate practically before the placement if
needs be.

Do you mind if I pass this opportunity over to our placement officer as
we maybe able to fill this position with a suitable candidate for you.

Regards

Dave.

Dr. David J. Scott
Associate Professor in Physical Biochemistry
National Centre for Macromolecular Hydrodynamics
School of Biosciences
University of Nottingham
Sutton Bonington Campus
Leicestershire. LE12 5RD.