[RASMB] a hiccup in radial space

John Philo jphilo at mailway.com
Thu Dec 18 12:05:58 PST 2008

Chad,

I think most likely you have a problem with the motion of the slit assembly.
If there is dirt underneath or a metal burr and it moves up and down because
of that you can get glitches and shifts in the OD readings.

Regarding analyzing the data, if you have a scan at a wavelength where there
should be no absorbance (maybe 350 nm) that might work as a baseline you
could subtract, but on the other hand the size of the glitch might not be
wavelength-independent.

John