[RASMB] UltraScan AccessGrid Seminar on Thu, Dec. 4th

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Tue Dec 2 06:29:05 PST 2008

Dear Colleagues,

This is a reminder for the next UltraScan seminar, which will take place
on Thursday, Dec. 4th, from 11 am - 12 pm Central Time in the
UTHSCSA UltraScan AccessGrid venue (England time: 5 pm, Central Europe:
6 pm).

In this session I will take a look at the benefits of measuring
velocity data in intensity mode, and how to convert intensity data to
pseudo-absorbance data. I will go through the sequence of conversions and
data processing steps associated with analysis of velocity experiments
using 2DSA and time/radial invariant noise elimination. I will also
discuss any caveats and give some practical tips on how to get the most
out of your XLA when using intensity data.

There will also be time to analyze 1 or 2 user-supplied datasets. If you
want me to analyze some of your data, please send it to me by Wednesday
evening as a zip archive. Both equilibrium and velocity data sets are
welcome.

Regards, -Borries

PLEASE NOTE:

The UltraScan seminar is broadcast over the AccessGrid. In order to
participate you will need to have AccessGrid 3.0.2 or higher installed
on your computer. If you are not on a multicast network (most likely
you will not have this capability), you need to connect via unicast,
and you will need to use a unicast/multicast bridge to communicate
(Tools:Bridges in the Venueclient menu). You can use the following
MC-bridges to connect to our venueserver: Argonne, NCSA and the UTHSCSA
bridge. Participants are strongly encouraged to test their connections
one or two days in advance with Jeremy Mann (jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu)

Additional information and links to free AccessGrid software can be
found at:

http://www.accessgrid.uthscsa.edu

Instructions for installing it on Windows or Linux is available at:

http://accessgrid.uthscsa.edu/wiki/doku.php

The seminar will take place in the UltraScan room in the 3.1 venue server
of the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. The
venue address for the UTHSCSA Lobby is:

https://ag1.v19.uthscsa.edu:9000/Venues/default (AccessGrid 3.x)

There will be a 1 hour testing time - 10-11 am central time.  Please
contact Jeremy Mann at jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu or 210-567-2672 for
assistance. I recommend to test out your AccessGrid connection one or
two days in advance of the meeting if you have never set it up before.