[RASMB] Lost response between computer and XL-I

Zhenli_Luo zhlluo at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Sun Nov 30 00:51:59 PST 2008

Hello everyone,
Our XL-I is set early this year, the problem, lost response between computer and
instrument when starting scans, has occurred for many times. Usually, restarting
computer and sometimes instrument can resume connection. About 2 months ago, this
problem can¡¯t be solved by simple restarting components, so a new DAB board was
replaced by Beckman Coulter after checking its status. However, another new DAB
board is on the way now because connection can¡¯t be built between equipment and
computer again. Does any other one have such problem? I wonder whether this is an
individual problem or common exists among you.
Thanks to Dr. Chad Brautigam and Mr. Virgil Schirf¡¯s suggestions about the cable
connection and transmit buffer set, in Sedfit group, that helps me a lot.
And does anyone know whether THF solvent is suitable as solvent for AUC?
Many thanks!
Zhenli Luo

This letter is from Zhenli Luo at University of Science & Technology of China, in Hefei, Anhui, P.R. China.
96 Jinzhai Road, Heifei, Anhui 230026, P.R. China
Heifei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale, USTC.
Laboratory of Polymer Colloid and Solution 7004
Tel: +86-551-360 6741
Fax: +86-551-360 6743