[RASMB] sapphire windows

Leech, AP apl3 at york.ac.uk
Tue Nov 18 02:31:39 PST 2008

Hello all,

I did not realise the ticks on the sapphire windows are aligned with
optical axes of the material - I assumed they were just handy marks
for reproducibility of alignment. Does this make any noticeable
difference to the fringe patterns?

The quartz windows also have tick marks - do these have any special
significance?

Andrew