This is what I can do for you! RE: [RASMB] density and viscosity of D2O

Mattia Rocco mattia.rocco at istge.it
Mon Oct 6 04:40:35 PDT 2008

Hello everybody,

I have checked the NIST website data
(http://webbook.nist.gov/chemistry/fluid/) for D2O at atmospheric pressure
against the equations 6, 6a & 6b reported by Matsunaga & Nagashima (J.
Phys. Chem. Ref. Data 12:933-966, 1983), and the agreement is excellent.
Moreover, the website is very handy to use. Instead, the values reported in
the
<http://physchem.kfunigraz.ac.at/sm/Service/Water/D2Ovisc.htm>http://physchem.kfunigraz.ac.at/sm/Service/Water/D2Ovisc.htm
website are different, and since they don't report the source, I would
advise against using them.

Cheers - Mattia

PS - For those that might be interested, I can provide an Excel spreadsheet
for computing the viscosity and density of D2O at atmospheric pressure from
4 to 100 °C, based on the above reference and in near-perfect agreement
with the NIST data.