[RASMB] AUC upgrades

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Tue Aug 5 05:11:50 PDT 2008

> It is very convenient having computer which does not  crash and can run
> VNC server.
> regards, Dmitry

Dmitry,

I agree with this 100%. All of our AUC computers run VNC servers, indeed,
it is very convenient to be able to control the lab computers remotely.
But we found that even the older style PII and PIII pentiums can handle
a VNC server just fine under Win9x. You may just have to up the memory a bit.
You may still be able to find some faster computers with ISA slots, for example,
I have a dual Xeon with 1 isa slot, so you could still upgrade the computer
without having to change the OS or the camera and firmware.

-borries