[RASMB] AUC upgrades

Dmitry Veprintsev dbv at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 5 00:28:47 PDT 2008

Hi Judith,
i had one of our instruments ('98) upgraded largely because of the
computer. Apart from that it is exactly the same. Camera has higher
resolution but I do not think it is that important. We had some issues
at a time with the firmware/software version combinations but Beckman
eventually fixed all problems. I can check with Andy Dean (the engineer
who did the upgrade) what versions he had to put eventually.
It is very convenient having computer which does not  crash and can run
VNC server.
regards, Dmitry

Judith Kornblatt wrote:
> We are considering (if we can find the money) having the Digital
> Camera/Win 2000 upgrade done on our XL-I (purchased in 2000). I
> checked the RASMB archives - the only entries I found regarding this
> upgrade date from 2006 and no one seemed very happy with it. Has that
> situation changed?  What are the reasons for doing the upgrade - other
> than replacing an old computer with a new one?
>
> Judith Kornblatt
> Chemistry & Biochemistry
> Concordia University, Montreal

Dr. Dmitry Veprintsev