[RASMB] green fluorescent protein dissociation constant (corrected)

Arthur Rowe arthur.rowe at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Jul 25 03:24:03 PDT 2008

Dave -

Sorry, I must have mis-heard the name of the protein when you spoke to me on
the phone a few minutes ago.

The Kd for GFP has been estimated as 60 µM (Wiehler et al (2003) ChemBioChem
4 1164-1171) and more recently as 237 ± 36 µM with YFP at 100 ±19 µM by Zeng
et al - incl AJR -(2006) Biochemistry 45, 10482-10491. Pure statistical
errors are of course not the only factors to be taken into consideration
when comparing values. It may be that all these three values are not too
different from each other.

Arthur

more haste, less etc etc! Conclusion stands.

--
Arthur Rowe