[RASMB] Broken XLA Mono

John Philo jphilo at mailway.com
Tue May 20 17:20:26 PDT 2008

John,

I have heard that the long-pass filter can come detached from the arm, and I
suspect this is what has happened. I believe the filter is just epoxied in
place, and can come loose due to aging rather than anything a user did. My
understanding is that some of the senior service technicians are capable of
doing field repairs on the monochromator, so I would try to make that happen
(beg, grovel, bribe,...)

Good luck,

John

  _____