[RASMB] peptide in DMSO

Tom Laue tml at cisunix.unh.edu
Tue Apr 29 05:24:10 PDT 2008

Hi Christine-
A couple of things to keep in mind-
The buoyancy of your peptide will be very small in 90% DMSO. See what
Steve, et al. used for the density at 90%.
DMSO is compressible, so you may need to include compressibility in your
calculations (depending on rotor speed)
Finally, DMSO is not entirely innocuous with epoxy. Your centerpieces
may get softened.
Best wishes,
Tom