[RASMB] A Complicated Equilibrium Problem

Eric Salgado esalgado at popmail.ucsd.edu
Mon Jan 14 11:04:24 PST 2008

Hello,
   I have a system that contains four different molecular weight species
of my protein ( monomer, dimer, trimer, hexamer), all mediated by Nickel
coordination. I can see this through previous SV experiments, as well as
the species analysis model in SEDPHAT. I cannot, however, determine any
dissociation constants using any of the pre-existing models in that
program. I'm thinking that there might be competing monomer-dimer and
monomer-trimer-hexamer equilibriums, or some combination thereof.
   With all of this in mind, I was wondering if there was a program with
a model such as this that I might employ, or if it would be possible to
add my own model to such programs as Heteroanaylsis, Sedphat, etc.
    Thank you for your time and advice in advance,

       Eric Salgado
       Univ. Cal. San Diego
       Dept. Chemistry and Biochemistry