[RASMB] dialyzing membranes

Eray Dalgakiran eraydalgakiran at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 02:22:55 PST 2008

Hi everyone!

I have a couple of questions about sample preparation.

We are using dialysis tubing membranes but is there a practical method for
dialyzing samples against buffers prior to measurements? What type of
membranes (company, model etc.) should be used when dealing with protein and
polymers which their sizes are below 200nm (200kDa)? And how can we be sure
the samples' concentrations after dialyzing?

What type of tips should we use with Gilson P-200 that are suitable with
centerpiece holes (company, model etc.)?

Many thanks...

Eray Dalgakiran

Department of Bioengineering
Yildiz Technical University