[RASMB] XL/I absorbance problem

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed Jun 13 08:02:02 PDT 2007

Andrew, if your lamp is cleaned and you are only seeing 6k counts,
this suggests that something is blocking light in the light path.
Other sources of problems besides a dirty lamp could be:

lamp alignment
dirt in the slit assembly
oil film on the windows in the light path
dirt/obstruction on the monochromator

If all of this is OK, you may have a problem with the lamp.
Does the IF system also cause noisy scans?
if so, maybe your angle calibration is off and the lamp doesn't
fire until the septum or centerpiece wall is in the lightpath?

Just something else to check...

Good luck, -Borries