[RASMB] Sedimentation coefficient of human serum albumin monomer and good protein standard with well established s value

Jack Kornblatt krnbltt at alcor.concordia.ca
Tue Dec 18 09:29:36 PST 2007

Hello all
I would like to add a note of caution to Arthur's suggestion. I tried
using Walter's approach to determining the temperature of the rotor
during the run. The cobalt solutions gave beautiful data in my old Cary
but gave "rediculous" data in the centrifuge. When  I scanned the cobalt
solution while the centrifuge was running, it was clear that the machine
did not have a red sensitive PM. The accuracy and precision of Walter's
approach is  dependent on measuring an OD in the red. If that OD is in
error, kiss goodbye to good data.
best regards to all
jack kornblatt