[RASMB] PIPES viscosity/density data

John Correia jcorreia at biochem.umsmed.edu
Thu Nov 29 07:42:47 PST 2007

Attached is a figure I produced years ago for the lab.  It is part of a larger study we never followed up on because we measure the density of every buffer we use in AUC.  So this was one 400 mM stock solution at pH 6.9 used to make duplicate dilutions of each data point.  Measurements were on an Anton Paar DMA 5000.  Fits were done in Origin.  I have some other temperature data as well but I have to put that in an approachable format.
 I encourage everyone to get a density meter and just measure each buffer you use.
Dr. John J. "Jack" Correia
Department of Biochemistry
University of Mississippi Medical Center
2500 North State Street
Jackson, MS  39216
(601) 984-1522                                 fax (601) 984-1501                             email address: jcorreia at biochem.umsmed.edu     homepage location: http://biochemistry.umc.edu/correia.html dept homepage location:    http://biochemistry.umc.edu/ -------------------------------------------------------------------

>>> On 11/29/2007 at 8:31 AM, in message <4E1235AC63CA484CA744D086AF4B7E5C01E9BFA1 at lavexb01.am.boehringer.com>, <psalois at lav.boehringer-ingelheim.com> wrote:

Dear RASMB users I'm wondering if anybody has data about the viscosity/density of PIPES buffer. I looked in the archives and, if I'm correct, this topic was discussed a while ago (1998 ?)
Any info would be appreciated
Many thanks in advance Patrick Salois Research associate Boehringer Ingelheim Laval (Canada)

Individuals who have received this information in error or are not authorized to receive it must promptly return or dispose of the information and notify the sender. Those individuals are hereby notified that they are strictly prohibited from reviewing, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing or using this information in any way.