[RASMB] Protein degradation in AUC

Leech, AP apl3 at york.ac.uk
Fri Oct 12 05:34:21 PDT 2007

Hi Claus, all,

I have given up with pipe-cleaners as they usually have a wire down the
middle which risks scratching. I now use Chemtronics #140 Foamtips which
are small enough to fit into the sectors but all plastic construction.
These seem to be good for removing mechanically adherent residues that
liquid reagents don't dissolve.

I usually keep the residue from sample loading in the lab at about the
same temperature as the run, so if necessary the user can run a
comparison gel after the experiment - sometimes the protease is in the
sample before it gets to the cell, and the time at 20C is the problem!

Andrew

--
Dr Andrew Leech                   *  Laboratory Manager
Technology Facility               *  Molecular Interactions Laboratory
PO Box 373,  York  YO10 5YW       *  Email : apl3 at york.ac.uk