[RASMB] Protein degradation in AUC

John Burgner jburgner at purdue.edu
Fri Oct 12 05:14:00 PDT 2007

Claus,
We have used 6 M urea without any apparent problems.  I would suggest trying
high concentrations of RNase Zap,  SDS, or DDM, which is what we do after
using high protein concentrations with proteins that tend to strongly
aggregate (pack at the bottom of the cell). The other approach that we have
used is to put the centerpiece in a zip-lock bag with a detergent solution
and sonicate it for 30 minutes then transfer the centerpiece to another bag
with water and resonicate it for a few minutes.
John