[RASMB] SEDNTERP database update with new data for sodium perchlorate and HEPES

John Philo jphilo at ap-lab.com
Wed Sep 19 16:16:51 PDT 2007

RASMBers,

Thanks to Jack Kornblatt and his lab we now have fairly extensive density
and viscosity data for sodium perchlorate solutions up to 1.1 M. Moreover,
thanks to Natalia Chebotareva we also finally have a few data points for
HEPES (density at 80 mM, viscosity at 40 and 80 mM). I have fitted these new
data and incorporated the results into a SEDNTERP physical constants
database update (to revision level 1.2). The program itself does not need to
be updated if you are already current (version 1.09 released September 3
2006).

To add these new data to an existing SEDNTERP version 1.09 installation you
simply need to download the database file SEDUPDAT.MDB and place it into the
folder where you have installed SEDNTERP (usually c:\sednterp). Then the
next time you start SEDNTERP you will get a one-time message that the
database is updating, and it is done. This file can be downloaded from the
RASMB software depot, or from my software site (direct file download URL
there is  <http://www.jphilo.mailway.com/SEDUPDAT.MDB>
http://www.jphilo.mailway.com/SEDUPDAT.MDB or browse to
<http://www.jphilo.mailway.com/download.htm#SEDNTERP>
http://www.jphilo.mailway.com/download.htm#SEDNTERP)

New installations will automatically have these new additions.

Best regards,

John