[RASMB] Another query on isotopic water

Arthur Rowe arthur.rowe at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Sep 5 07:13:07 PDT 2007

Hi Tom

Many thanks! How many times have a seen that HEAVY button without it quite
sinking in that I could use it!

All best wishes

Arthur

Hi Arthur-
Sednterp does the H2O18 density calculations (and their temperature
dependence). The reference for the where these calculations came from is
in the Help file.
The 67th edition of the CRC had the data, but subsequent editions did not.
F. Steckel and S. Szapiro, Trans. Faraday Society, 1963, 59:331
Best wishes,
Tom

Arthur Rowe wrote:
> Greetings RASMBers
>
> I have a query regarding the /density/ of that other (vastly more
> expensive!) isotope of water, namely H2 18O. All I can find are vague
> assurances that it is 'very close to that of D2 16O' - hardly what I
> want. Oh - and one reference which gave a value to 6 significant
> figures for the density at 0ºC - accompanied by a statement that its
> freezing point was over 3ºC !!!
>
> Otherwise, my web searching has been futile, and the Rubber Handbook
> has nothing in it.
>
> Any info gratefully (as ever) received.
>
> Arthur
>
> --
> *************************
> Arthur Rowe
> Lab at Sutton Bonington
> tel: +44 115 951 6156
> fax: +44 115 951 6157
> *************************

> attachment may still contain software viruses, which could damage your
> computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email
> permitted by UK legislation.

University of New Hampshire
Durham, NH 03824-3544
Phone: 603-862-2459