[RASMB] Urea diffusion and sedimentation coefficient (further)

Doug Barrick barrick at jhu.edu
Wed Aug 8 07:38:27 PDT 2007

Greetings,

Regarding the strength of the urea dimer,  John Schellman measured
the equilibrium constant
for urea dimerization in aqueous solution, and I believe the
reference is

Schellman JA. The thermodynamics of urea solutions and the heat
of formation of the peptide hydrogen bond. Compt-Rend Lab
Carlsberg, Ser Chim 29:223–229 (1955).

Hope this helps,

Doug Barrick

Professor of Biophysics