[RASMB] Cu(II) in Epon Charcoal-Filled centerpieces

Leech, AP apl3 at york.ac.uk
Thu Jun 21 10:23:05 PDT 2007

Hi Cody,

Assuming there is nothing else extreme about the sample (solvents
or pH) Cu(II) won't harm the windows or centrepieces. You might
want to soak in EDTA or similar afterwards to remove any traces
of metal ions.

I have a suspicion that C-filled Epon holds oxygen, which might
be a problem if you are trying to do anything anaerobic e.g. Cu(I).

I don't have any Al centrepieces, but I wouldn't put Cu(II) solutions
in them if I did.

Andrew