[RASMB] XL/I absorbance problem

Tom Laue tml at cisunix.unh.edu
Wed Jun 13 09:03:21 PDT 2007

Hi Andrew-
I agree with the preceding remarks, and would only add that the lamp &
its power supply may also cause spikes due to triggering differences and
variable arc quality. If you swap lamps between machines, does the
problem follow the lamp? If so, you've nailed the problem. To my
knowledge, it is rare for the power supply to be a problem, but you may
wish to swap those between machines to see if the problem follows the
power supply.
Best wishes,
Tom

University of New Hampshire