[RASMB] parameters of beta-mercaptoethanol?

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Thu Mar 22 05:07:35 PDT 2007

> Hello all,
>
> TCEP is a good alternative reductant - again rather more expensive
> than DTT or BME, but much better optical properties than either.
>
> Andrew

I would like to second the use of TCEP. We have made excellent experiences
with TCEP - beats both BME and DTT in optical properties down to 260 nm.

I would also like to point out our CAUMA resource page to the community:

http://www.cauma.uthscsa.edu

click on "Resources" and check the left bar for many useful resources,
among them an absorbance comparison sheet for reductants, Xenon lamp profiles,
buffer pH/pka tables, buffer absorbance profiles and other goodies.

-Borries