[RASMB] Data acquisition failure

Tom Laue tml at cisunix.unh.edu
Thu Mar 8 11:29:42 PST 2007

Hi Christine-
This error occurs when the radial servo motor takes too long to reach a
position. Sometimes it is caused by a sticking slit positioner, leading
to non-reproducible scans. That does not appear to be the case for this
experiment since the meniscus spikes are aligned.
It may be that the servo broke suddenly, or it may be that the readings
from the servo were abnormally noisy, leading to this error.
In any case, I would suggest that you have the service engineer check
out the radial slit positioning system to make sure it is ok.
Best wishes,
Tom