[RASMB] Data acquisition failure

Christine.Wandrey at epfl.ch Christine.Wandrey at epfl.ch
Thu Mar 8 09:22:04 PST 2007

Dear all,

during our last overnight run (absorbance, 200
scans) a data acquisition failure occurred.
Message: "DAB: Radial rate failure"

From single scans I could identify that the
failure happened at scans 133. Scans 1-132 look
normal. These early scans fit well together.
Starting with scans 133 a much wider radial range
was monitored in the set range 5.9-7.2. It seems
that a range of about 5.7 (cell material) to 7.3
( also cell material) was monitored later.

My question: Does this failure occur suddenly or
could the earlier scans already be affected?

Please find attached a pdf file, which
demonstrates the scans before and after the
failure. Note, that the sedimentation process was
already finished when the failure occurred.

Thank you.
With kind regards,
Christine

--
PD Dr.habil. Christine Wandrey, MER
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)

tél: (+41) (21) 693  96 61 in office AAB 042 or
(+41) (21) 693 36 72 in office CH J2 494
fax: (+41) (21) 693 96 85

postal address
EPFL-SV-IBI-LMRP
AAB 042, Station 15