Antwort: [RASMB] densitometer

wendel.wohlleben at basf.com wendel.wohlleben at basf.com
Tue Feb 20 02:11:01 PST 2007

Hi Eray,

welcome to the polymer-XLI-community :-)

PAA has     v-bar = 0,650 ml/g      and dn/dc = 0,140 ml/g

We have good experience with Anton Paar densitometer DMA5000 and use it
routinely for densities of polymers in solution and as dispersed latex
particles. With a 4-point dilution series you get the density with
four-digit accuracy.

Beste Grüße, Wendel

Dr. Wendel Wohlleben
Polymer Physics

Phone: +49 621 60-95339, E-Mail: wendel.wohlleben at basf.com
Postal Address: BASF Aktiengesellschaft, GKP/O - G201, D-67056
Ludwigshafen, Germany

BASF - The Chemical Company

BASF Aktiengesellschaft, Registered Office: 67056 Ludwigshafen, Germany
Companies' Register: Amtsgericht Ludwigshafen, HRB 3000
Board of Executive Directors:
Juergen Hambrecht, Chairman; Eggert Voscherau, Vice Chairman;
Kurt W. Bock, Martin Brudermueller, John Feldmann, Andreas Kreimeyer, Klaus
Peter Loebbe, Stefan Marcinowski, Peter Oakley
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Juergen Strube

             "Eray Dalgakiran"
             <eraydalgakiran at g
             mail.com>                                                  An
             Gesendet von:              rasmb at server1.bbri.org
             rasmb-bounces at ser                                       Kopie
             ver1.bbri.org
                                                                     Thema
                                        [RASMB] densitometer
             20.02.2007 09:43

Hi!

We have recently purchased a ProteomeLab XL-I analytical ultracentrifuge.
We are dealing with synthetic polymers, proteins, biopolymers, and
complexes of protein-polymer molecules.

So far, I understand that we have to know partial specific volume of solute
material to make calculations. We now want to buy a densitometer in order
to measure partial specific volumes. Can anyone recommend me a good
densitometer (company, model etc.)?

And is there anyone knows the v-bar value of PAA (Polyacrylic acid)?

Many thanks...

Eray Dalgakiran

Department of Bioengineering
Yildiz Technical University