[Fwd: Re: [RASMB] pH stability]

Dmitry Veprintsev dbv at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 25 07:14:40 PST 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [RASMB] pH stability
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 07:19:43 -0600 (CST)
From: Borries Demeler <demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu>
To: dbv at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk (Dmitry Veprintsev)

To all:

For a quick reference, we have the chemical compatibility table
from Beckman for aluminum and epon charcoal filled centerpieces
reproduced on our website (among several other useful AUC resources):

http://www.cauma.uthscsa.edu/

(click on resources, you can find it in the left tab).
Aluminum is definitely not good with NaOH, but low concentrations
(5%) are listed OK with epon.

Another possibility may be the titanium centerpieces from Kristian
Schilling - perhaps Kristian can comment on their stability with
various NaOH concentrations.

-Borries