[RASMB] smaller protein size than expected

Fang Yi fang.yi at yale.edu
Sun Nov 12 15:35:36 PST 2006

Dear Jim,

Thanks for your prompt reply. For the analysis, I used the default vbar
and density values of 0.73 and 1 respectively.  At 35K, the value of
sigma for this protein is only 1.44 cm-2 (ideal  model). The highest
speed recommended to run on this specific centrifuge is set to 40K.  I
completely agree with you that gel filtration results doesn't help much
in this case considering the possibility that the protein might interact
with the matrix. Actually that's  why we decided to do AUC.

Fang