[RASMB] 3mm centerpieces

Tom Laue tml at cisunix.unh.edu
Mon Sep 18 06:34:11 PDT 2006

Hi-
Yes you can calculate (or measure) the correct 2/3rds position for the
centerpiece, make unequal spacers and drill the cell housing holes at
that level. Be aware that the 2/3 position is not the mechanical
location, but the optical. These positions differ by a mm or more, and
are different for sapphire and quartz window. Those cells would be
useful for the interference optics, so it would be best to determine the
2/3 position for sapphire windows. The absorbance optics are focused at
the midpoint, so the new housings would not be helpful for them.
Best wishes,
Tom