[RASMB] Abrupt change in intensity

pjgb at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk pjgb at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 11 01:59:22 PDT 2006

Dear Holger/Karl,

>From the description it seems that there may be some change in intensity of
the light coming from your lamp - I would have thought unlikely to be the
lamp itself suddenly getting brighter (losing intensity would be more
likely), but it could be something moving out of the lightpath.  This would
not affect absorbance scans, since both I and I0 would change
proportionately, so the ratio I/I0 would not alter - compatible with what
Holger says.

Jo

--On Friday, August 11, 2006 9:40 am +0200 Holger Strauss