[RASMB] Working with glycerol solutions

Chin, Christopher cchin at UTMB.EDU
Wed Feb 15 14:11:27 PST 2006

Dear Jo,

I have done experiment using a pure protein in various concentration of
glycerol (0-10%) as a project to familiar myself with the SEDFIT
software a while back.  I also used the same protein and watch how dimer
dissociated in the presence of GuHCl (0-5M) analyzed with the same
software. I will share these results if anyone is interested.

Sucequently, I was interested in how to choose scan, the # of scan used
to get the best fit and analyzed the raw data with both SEDFIT and DCDT+
and compare these results.  I also did some experiments, using a dimer
protein and observe what happen in the presence of various concentration
of denaturant(GuHCl), as mentioned above, but analyzed the raw data with
both SEDFIT and DCDT+ and compare the results.  I can also share these
results in case anybody is interested.

I did these experiments as an in house projects, Just to familiar
myself, as an experimentalist, not  theoretician, to observe the pro and
con of using these two softwares. Enough been said.

Regards,

Chris

Christopher Chin

Manager, Macromolecular Assembly Core

Sealy Center for Structural Biology and
Molecular Biophysics

Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology

5134 MRB. rt1055

UTMB, Galveston, TX  cchin at utmb.edu <mailto:cchin at utmb.edu> ,

409-772-1693, efax 630-604-3416