[RASMB] Working with glycerol solutions

Tom Laue Tom.Laue at unh.edu
Wed Feb 15 06:12:14 PST 2006

Hi Jo-
Both S and D are affected by the same amount, assuming that there is no
glycerol-dependent changes in oligomerization of the protein.
The time to reach equilibrium is much longer, so it is useful to use
shorter solution columns if possible (e.g. cutting the column height in
half will reduce the equilibration time by a factor of four).
There will be a slight density and viscosity gradient in the solution
due to the redistribution of the glycerol. I believe Sedfit can take
this into account.
Best wishes,
Tom