[RASMB] torque strength

Leech, AP apl3 at york.ac.uk
Thu Nov 17 08:27:38 PST 2005

pjgb at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk wrote:
> Dear RASMBers,
>
> Ariel's advice is fine as long as one does not wish to use short UV
> wavelengths, where the absorption of the sapphire windows in too high.
> Possibly replacing distorted epon centrepieces is simpler and cheaper.
>
> Jo

Hello all,

The sapphire windows seem to be rather variable in their UV absorption.
Some of the ones I have are practically as good as the quartz. It might
be worth measuring them on a spectrophotometer and selecting good ones
if you can.

Andrew

--
Dr Andrew Leech                   *  Laboratory Manager
Technology Facility               *  Molecular Interactions Laboratory
PO Box 373,  York  YO10 5YW       *  Email : apl3 at york.ac.uk