[RASMB] SedVel60K centerpieces

Leech, AP apl3 at york.ac.uk
Wed Aug 31 10:40:00 PDT 2005

John Correia wrote:

> RASMBers
>
> To my knowledge I am the only person to report noisy scans with the SedVel60K centerpieces - we suspect a timing issue in the XLA that only manifests itself with the narrower sectors - its worse at low radius than high is the evidence for this - and in fact we are working on a delay calibration issue on my machine as I write this.  CAMIS is also replacing the centerpieces to be sure they are not a defective batch.  So rather than judge the centerpieces on apparently one report, how about some data.  How many labs successfully have used SEDVEL60K centerpieces? How many labs have experienced timing or noise issues with the SEDVEL60K centerpieces?

Hi all,

We had some problems with apparently noisy data from these centrepieces-
at the time I ascribed it to sample stability problems but given your
observations perhaps I should look at this again (we have not needed the
highest speeds recently).

Best wishes

Andrew

--
Dr Andrew Leech                   *  Laboratory Manager
Technology Facility               *  Molecular Interactions Laboratory
PO Box 373,  York  YO10 5YW       *  Email : apl3 at york.ac.uk