[RASMB] radial shift

Tom Laue Tom.Laue at unh.edu
Wed Jun 29 17:27:00 PDT 2005

Hi Joris,
It sounds very much as though you have a problem with the radial
positioner on your instrument. The servo mechanism can become gummed up
after while, and the pinion gear can loosen. From your description, it
sounds like the former  problem is present. I would have the Beckman
engineer out to check it out.
You might try analyzing the data. However, unless you are interested
only in a simple question (e.g. is this material monomer or dimer), I
would not spend a great deal of effort in the analysis.
Best wishes and sorry!
Tom